Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My AFS Program

My name is Farrah Hsu. I am a sophomore at Rancho Cucamonga High School this year, and I am currently 15 years old. I am studying abroad in Japan for the 09-10 year program. My motivation for applying for an AFS program was to be able to travel to a different place to explore the culture and environment. From my point of view, the best way to learn is being able to experience a different culture firsthand. I am looking forward to this wonderful opportunity and am excited for the upcoming future!
I hope to gain the knowledge of a new culture and language within this year. There will be many new experiences for me and I hope to make the best of my time in Japan. It is understandable that being an AFSer will mean that while there will be new experiences and opportunities, there will be no learning without pain. I am prepared to adjust and adapt to my host country while being able to bring the best of my country and my culture in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment