Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

1st Week in Japan

I have been staying in Japan for about three weeks now and already my life has been changed by my experiences so far. For as long as I have been waiting for this to happen, I had never imagined it to be as unexpected as it has turned out to be.

Ok, starting with the pre departure orientation that was held at Los Angeles, I was excited to be able to actually meet people like me. Of course, the orientation itself wasn’t as exciting, but that was definitely beside the point. We stayed at the Hacienda Hotel for the night and I got Brandy for my roommate (good times, good times…). As for the flight the next day, we sure did have a lot of fun disrupting pretty much everyone else on the plane haha… It was shorter than I expected, (there was a lot of wind our direction apparently). We arrived at Narita airport, surprised and a little drowsy, where we were transported yet again to another hotel for the night. After dinner, everyone hung around the lobby and exchanged introductions. For a lot of us, it was the first time meeting in person, so that caused a lot of excitement. Now when I think back, I really realize just how much we expressed ourselves. In other words, being Americans, we were so loud!

The next few days we were split up into different groups over and over again and separated. It was hard in the end to leave when we had to meet our families. The past week had already felt like a month. It is incredible to be able to meet someone for a few days and miss them as your best friend or even more. But I really think that we are all just afraid of not being able to see each other again. So the goodbyes are only for now, ok?

Osaka Orientation-

No comments:

Post a Comment