Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

As an AFS Global Leaders Scholarship Recipient

As an AFS Global Leaders Scholarship Recipient, I had to write a thank you letter, but I realized I made some good points in this note, so I wanted to share it. Here goes-

Dear Scholarship Sponsor,

I would like to write a brief statement expressing my appreciation and thanks for the scholarship I have received. Being awarded with financial aid from the Global Leaders Committee has been very supporting in my journey in becoming an AFSer. I am grateful for being given this opportunity by AFS and I will try my best to represent my country well.

By becoming an AFSer, I hope to be able to fully experience a new culture and language. While there will be hard times ahead, I will be sure to make the best of what the future has in store for me. During this year, I hope one of my many accomplishments will include making life long friends and meeting new people. While meeting new people is without a chance unavoidable, I want to try my best to get along with everyone. In doing so, I will be putting myself into a situation in where I must learn the culture of the people here in Japan, and hopefully, being able to learn their language will become an opportunity for me. I am looking forward to what my future has in store for me this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment